History of Ives Seminary

Ives Seminary, located in Antwerp village, is an outgrowth of two previously-existing educational enterprises, — the Antwerp Liberal Literary Institute and the Gouverneur Wesleyan Seminary. The last-named institution was incorporated April 5, 1828, and was successfully conducted as a grammar-school until 1837, when it was placed under the patronage of the Black River conference of the Methodist Episcopal church, and became their conference seminary, with Rev. Jesse T. Peck as principal. It remained under the patronage of the Methodist Episcopal church until 1869, when, as the buildings and facilities had become inadequate to the needs of the institution, it was transferred to Antwerp.

Continue Reading →

Incorporation of the Village of Antwerp, New York

Antwerp was incorporated a village, by order of the court of sessions, under the general act, in the year 1851…

Continue Reading →

Militia of Charlotte County, New York, 1775-1781

This is a list of men who served in the Revolutionary War from Charlotte County, present-day Warren and Washington counties, New York. Many of the original pay lists from this period have been lost. These records are taken from both muster rolls and land bounty records.

Continue Reading →

History of Ives Seminary, Antwerp, New York

Ives Seminary, located in Antwerp village, is an outgrowth of two previously-existing educational enterprises, – the Antwerp Liberal Literary Institute…

Continue Reading →