King

How we do things at Bangall NY Postcard

The First Stanford (Baptist) Church at Bangall, Dutchess Co., New York

The earliest records of this Church are dated from Great Nine Partners, Charlotte Precinct, N. Y. Its first members appear to have emigrated from Massachusetts, and were organized into a Church, Oct. 1, 1759, in Dutchess County, by covenanting together and appointing Ephraim Bullock and Corner Bullock to preach the gospel and administer the ordinances …

The First Stanford (Baptist) Church at Bangall, Dutchess Co., New York Read More »

1864 Map of Ox Bow

History of Ox Bow, New York

This little village is located on the left bank of the Oswegatchie, at the southernmost point of the groat bend in that river. It lies due north of Antwerp village seven and one-half miles, and its communication with the latter place is over an excellent turnpike-road. Ox Bow, at the present time, contains a post-office, one hotel, four stores, one physician, one drugstore, one wagon-shop, three blacksmith-shops, one harness- and saddlery-shop, a good school-house, two churches, and about 300 inhabitants.

1864 Map of Antwerp, New York

Incorporation of the Village of Antwerp, New York

Antwerp was incorporated a village, by order of the court of sessions, under the general act, in the year 1851 and the incorporation was ratified, by a vote of fifty-three to three, at a special meeting, held at Stowell & Taylor hotel, on the 30th of July in that year. The boundary are recorded as …

Incorporation of the Village of Antwerp, New York Read More »

Home of Thomas Benton Marshall

1890 Business Directory of Alexandria New York

This 1890 Business Directory of Alexandria New York is transcribed from Child’s Geographical gazetteer of Jefferson county, N.Y., 1685-1890.

New York in the Revolution

Militia of Charlotte County, New York, 1775-1781

This is a list of men who served in the Revolutionary War from Charlotte County, present-day Warren and Washington counties, New York. Many of the original pay lists from this period have been lost. These records are taken from both muster rolls and land bounty records.

Amagansett Cemetery, Amagansett, New York

East End Cemetery, Amagansett, New York

The East End Cemetery is located on the corner of Atlantic Avenue and Route 27, almost directly across the street from Amagansett Fire Department. This cemetery is also known by the name of the Amagansett Cemetery.

The first deed referring to Amagansett is dated 1683. By means of that document the Reverend Thomas James sold to Abraham Schlellinger 52 acres of woods by a highway known as Amagansett commonly called Amagansett Way. The name Schlellinger is commonly found on many of the tombstones in this ancient burial ground. The earliest families who settled in Amagansett were the Bakers, the Conklings and the Mulfords. Alice Baker, who died on February 4th 1708 at age 88, was the wife of Thomas Baker, the first to settle the village.

Bound Leather Journal

Washington County, NY Book of Forfeitures, 1784

The Book of Forfeitures is located in the Washington County Archives, Washington County Clerk’s Office, Fort Edward, NY. It contains the list and description of Loyalist properties that were seized and sold. The names given here are the purchasers of the properties.

Edward Dumaresque Page 5

Washington County, NY Revolutionary War Pension Applications Index

Provides a list of Revolutionary War Pension Applications which are filed in the Washington County, New York Archives located in the Washington Co. Municipal Building, Upper Broadway, Fort Edward, New York.

Adams Rural Cemetery

Adams Rural Cemetery – K Surnames

Adams Rural Cemetery is located on the west side of of South Main Street 1)NYS Route 3 at the southern edged of the Village of Adams. The cemetery is very well maintained. Stones, for the most part, are in excellent condition and readable. 2)Description of Rural Cemetery. Due to the large size of this cemetery …

Adams Rural Cemetery – K Surnames Read More »

Pin It on Pinterest

Scroll to Top