This little village is located on the left bank of the Oswegatchie, at the southernmost point of the groat bend in that river. It lies due north of Antwerp village seven and one-half miles, and its communication with the latter place is over an excellent turnpike-road. Ox Bow, at the present time, contains a post-office, one hotel, four stores, one physician, one drugstore, one wagon-shop, three blacksmith-shops, one harness- and saddlery-shop, a good school-house, two churches, and about 300 inhabitants.
This 1890 Business Directory of Alexandria New York is transcribed from Child’s Geographical gazetteer of Jefferson county, N.Y., 1685-1890.
The Book of Forfeitures is located in the Washington County Archives, Washington County Clerk’s Office, Fort Edward, NY. It contains the list and description of Loyalist properties that were seized and sold. The names given here are the purchasers of the properties.
Adams Rural Cemetery is located on the west side of of South Main Street 1)NYS Route 3 at the southern…