Tracing Your American Immigrant Ancestor: AHGP’s project ran by Susan Dorris, which is attempting to bridge the gap of our American ancestor’s and their relatives over the “pond.”
- NARA-Northeast Region (New York City), 201 Varick Street, New York, NY 10014-4811. Telephone: 212-401-1620. Holdings: indexes for 1820-1846 and 1897-1948; passenger lists for 1820-1957.
- New York Public Library, U.S. History, Local History & Genealogy Division, Fifth Ave. & 42nd St., New York, NY 10018. Telephone: 212-930-0829. Holdings: indexes for 1820-1846 and 1897-1943; passenger lists for 1820-1910.
- New York State Library, Cultural Education Center, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12230. Telephone: 518-474-5355. Holdings: index for 1820-1846.
- Queens Borough Public Library, Long Island Division, 89-11 Merrick Blvd., Jamaica, NY 11432. Telephone: 718-990-0770. Holdings: index for 1820-1846; passenger lists for 1820-1897.
- Forms and Fees
- Local Questions and Answers
- Address and Information
- Ethnicity and Immigration Databases
- New York Chinese Exclusion Index
- Scandinavian Immigrants in New York, 1630-74
- Boston, New York, Philadelphia and Baltimore Steamship Arrivals, 1890-1930
- Ship Passenger Lists to New York: Miscellaneous Ships
- Irish Immigrants: New York Port Arrival Records, 1846-1851
- New York City Immigrants (Austria, Galicia, Poland), 1890
- New York Naturalization Petition Index, 1907-24