Buel

1888 Birds Eye View of Antwerp NY

History of Ives Seminary

Ives Seminary, located in Antwerp village, is an outgrowth of two previously-existing educational enterprises, — the Antwerp Liberal Literary Institute and the Gouverneur Wesleyan Seminary. The last-named institution was incorporated April 5, 1828, and was successfully conducted as a grammar-school until 1837, when it was placed under the patronage of the Black River conference of the Methodist Episcopal church, and became their conference seminary, with Rev. Jesse T. Peck as principal. It remained under the patronage of the Methodist Episcopal church until 1869, when, as the buildings and facilities had become inadequate to the needs of the institution, it was transferred to Antwerp.

1888 Birds Eye View of Antwerp NY

History of Ives Seminary, Antwerp, New York

Ives Seminary, located in Antwerp village, is an outgrowth of two previously-existing educational enterprises, – the Antwerp Liberal Literary Institute and the Gouverneur Wesleyan Seminary. The last-named institution was incorporated April 5, 1828, and was successfully conducted as a grammar-school until 1837, when it was placed under the patronage of the Black River conference of …

History of Ives Seminary, Antwerp, New York Read More »

Pin It on Pinterest

Scroll to Top