Short history on various historical churches of Antwerp, Jefferson County, New York.
Sprague’s Corners is the name given to a cluster of buildings lying partly in Antwerp and partly in St. Lawrence county, at a point nearly half a mile southeast from the Rome, Watertown and Ogdensburgh railroad, at Keene’s Station, which name is often applied to the village.
The Camp family is of English origin, and bore its coat of arms as early as 1597, in the reign of Queen Elizabeth. The founder of the American branch of the family was Nicholas Camp, who immigrated in 1630. Its representatives in Jefferson county have been among the most intelligent, upright and useful citizens. Their American ancestors have distinguished themselves in civic affairs and in the war for independence. Among these, the names of Camp, Hale, Hitchcock, Hull and Talcott are the most prominent.
Adams Rural Cemetery is located on the west side of of South Main Street 1)NYS Route 3 at the southern…
This 1890 Business Directory of Brownville New York is transcribed from Child’s Geographical gazetteer of Jefferson county, N.Y., 1685-1890. Adams…
The following 10 biographical sketches were extracted from the Geographical gazetteer of Jefferson county, N.Y., 1685-1890: John Williams; Simeon Heath; David S. Snell; Edward D. Spicer; Newton M. Parker; Stephen Shaw; Clarendon Phillips; Rev. John F. Nelson; Giles A. Hall; and H. K. Eggleston.
The following 10 biographical sketches were extracted from the Geographical gazetteer of Jefferson county, N.Y., 1685-1890: Isaac Rogers; Samuel Davis; Thomas P. Saunders; Charles H. Babcock; Henry H. Comins; Sylvanus Lockwood; Austin Pratt Hale; Isaac Saunders; William L. Hunt; and Isaac L. Hunt.