Parsons

Amagansett Cemetery, Amagansett, New York

East End Cemetery, Amagansett, New York

The East End Cemetery is located on the corner of Atlantic Avenue and Route 27, almost directly across the street from Amagansett Fire Department. This cemetery is also known by the name of the Amagansett Cemetery.

The first deed referring to Amagansett is dated 1683. By means of that document the Reverend Thomas James sold to Abraham Schlellinger 52 acres of woods by a highway known as Amagansett commonly called Amagansett Way. The name Schlellinger is commonly found on many of the tombstones in this ancient burial ground. The earliest families who settled in Amagansett were the Bakers, the Conklings and the Mulfords. Alice Baker, who died on February 4th 1708 at age 88, was the wife of Thomas Baker, the first to settle the village.

account book of Robert Townsend & Co.

Long Island New York – Historic Account Books

The East Hampton Library has placed online a treasure trove of original and unique genealogical data in the form of digitized account books of former residents of Long Island. They have placed these online as part of the Digital Long Island Collection. Most of these account books pertain to East Hampton and the area surrounding it on Long Island.

Cabinet Shop of R. C. Langworthy

1890 Business Directory of Adams New York

This 1890 Business Directory of Brownville New York is transcribed from Child’s Geographical gazetteer of Jefferson county, N.Y., 1685-1890. Adams Collegiate Institute, D.A. Dwight, pres.; James G. Kellogg, vice-pres.; A.K. Hale, M.D., sec’y; T.T. Carter, treas.; Orlo B. Rhodes, prin.; Mrs. Helen Butterworth Coughlan, prec. Adams Laundry, Hodge & Potter, props., Church. Adams Lumber Co., …

1890 Business Directory of Adams New York Read More »

1864 Map of Adams Village New York

The Press of Adams New York

The Censor, an Anti-Masonic sheet, by Theron Parsons, was the first paper published at Adams. Its first issue bore date July 1, 1828, and its publication, at this place, was continued until June 13, 1829, when it was removed to Watertown. Owing to its bitter hostility to Masonry, its enemies named it The Cancer, which …

The Press of Adams New York Read More »

Pin It on Pinterest

Scroll to Top